Sunday 29 April 2012

Today I built an ark



I didn't really build an ark. But I probably should have. It's been raining all day. Pelting down on the loft window, which slants with the roof and makes a loud splish splash. Lovely.

Instead of woodwork I have been indulging my sweet little cold by watching telly on my computer. First I watched Dirk Bogard in A Tale of Two Cities - what a very handsome and charismatic man. I wonder if he was likeable, his life was a bit complicated. Then I watched Spencer Tracy, as I said in my last post. Now I'm watching a chick flick, not something that often happens in our house - Jennifer Anniston is caught in a kind of 1930s scenario where she and a man have to pretend to be engaged etc etc. J.A. is not beautiful to me. But she has real charisma and nice legs. Also the Hair, of course.

And as I have watched I've sewn. A bit of darning to the lovely quilt I bought. And some new brooches. One of them is above. I love this little guy, with his cute stockings, his hat, his waistcoat and his jaunty hip. He's in my Etsy shop now.

No comments:

Post a Comment